Swiss Cottage Community Association, incorporated in 1985, is a registered charity and Company Limited by Guarantee that:
- Offers a wide range of free educational courses and low cost activities.
- Caters for different age groups, cultures and ethnic groups.
- Is mobility friendly and open to all.
Our constitution aim is:
“ to provide educational facilities to the community as well as leisure time activities for a range of ages.”
The Swiss Cottage Community Centre provides a safe and secure environment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race or culture, or of political or religious opinions.
In addition we:
- Run a number of need led projects including older people's project to support elderly people living in Swiss Cottage, an under fives project to provide base for families, single parents and carers who have young children.
- Support and promote the Swiss Cottage Festival in which we are the main partners.
- Support other organisations and associations.
- Accomodate over 200 plus independant organisations from support groups through to exercise classes.
- We provide surgeries for local members of parliament and local ward camden councillors and act as an election base.
- Are also an emergency base for the Community.