We currently have some opportunities for new trustees to be appointed. For enquiries, please contact the centre by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 020 7586 5272.
Swiss Cottage Nursery is currently seeking to recruit an Early Years Practitioner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of dynamic, driven and committed individuals who are passionate about working with pre-school children.
Organisation: Swiss Cottage Community Association (SCCA)
Hours: 33 hours per week – 8.30am-3.30pm.
Term time only: 38 weeks per year
Hourly rate: £9.50
Closing date for applicants: Friday 12th April 2019
Interviews will be held on the week commencing on 15th April 2019.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Qualification (Essential)
- A warm/positive and child centered approach.
- Committed to helping children thrive and get the best start in life.
- Effective communication and motivational skills
- At least a year experience of working with pre-school children
- Knowledge of Montessori (a bonus but not essential) or EYFS background
Nursery Manager or deputy in their absence.
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members).
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- To keep children safe at all times, indoors and outdoors.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. about children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
Background checks and a DBS will be required. Job offer will be dependent on a clear DBS check and 2 valid and up to date references.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Tel: 020 7722 7755